Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bits & Pieces…

Today is September 26, 2007; it is a day for a bit of history. For anyone that is a sports fan, today will be Barry Bonds last game as a San Francisco Giant. After 15 years with the organization and 22 years in the league, he will start his last home game in a Giants uniform and cement his career in Giants Baseball history.

No matter how you feel about the man, he still has accomplished quite a lot. Not to mention a few records that he either broke or shattered. One comes to mind… 756. Barry Bond broke the all time home run record held by Willie Mayes by hitting his 756th homerun. I believe the number is now 762.

Last night my wife and I went to see the Giants play against the Padres in AT&T Park in San Francisco. The Giants lost in the ninth 4-6. Barry Bonds did not play. We were hoping that we could see the man come to bat and hit one into the China Basin. We left after 9:00 PM. My day starts early, up 4:00 AM. That means pumpkin hour comes early for me.

I didn’t have “My Gear” with me, so I missed a great shot of the almost full moon rising over the right field fence, during the “Golden Hour”. It would have been a great image. I did capture it on my camera phone.

~Cheers~

No comments:

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.