Friday, October 5, 2007

Looking Forward…

Based off the title of this entry. One would thing that I would have a deep inspiration forward looking thought in mind. Actually I don’t want disappoint, but I will. Looking forward, is just what it sounds like. I am really looking forward to this weekend. Why? Because it is fleet week here in San Francisco and that provides a million photography opportunities.

As I sat at my desk yesterday I was reminded that the U.S. Navy Blue Angels would be in town to perform their incredible in-air acrobatic ballet. It was like a bell went off at 12:15 PM in my head as an F/A-18B Hornet painted blue and gold went streaking past our office windows at mach speed. Our offices are on the top floor of the Ferry Building looking out onto the bay towards the Bay Bridge. This gave us a shoreline seat to watch the Blue Angles doing their practice runs and survey flights.

In the afternoon today the Blue Angels will continue to do practice runs in preparation for Saturday and Sundays shows. Today I brought my camera gear to catch some action outside our windows.

Have a great weekend, I know my wife and I will.

Dismissed…

If you plan on coming to the San Francisco Fleet week Air Show or any Air Show and plan on photographing some of the displays and acrobatic acts here is a article I think is a good read on Air Show Photography.

No comments:

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.