Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Picture Pirates…

The word of the day is Disappointment. This blog entry is brought to by the letter “F”, and by the number “0” zero.

Last night I was reading my on line version of Popular Photography. The article I was reading was about a Flickr user and Photographer from Iceland. The article titled “Flickr Superstar Profiled in Times Magazine” talks briefly about her style of photography and how it is suited for the Flickr user. This article was inspired by another article written in the by VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN titled f l i c k r.

I was intrigued to see more of this so I decided to link over to her Flickr page _rebekka and poke around a little. What I found was an amazing amount of creativity and talent.

I am most impressed with the self-portraits. Rebekka’s self-portraits are not just the ordinary snap shots of her doing nothing. Her self-portraits are master pieces of expression and technical agility. She has perfected the use of multiple exposures to construct interesting self-portraits of herself. In some images she is seen in three different poses. At first you think she is a twin or triplet, but later realize from her comments it just her.


say WHAT??
Originally uploaded by _rebekka
However I do have some disappointing news. As I scrolled down the first page of her Flickr page I noticed that she had a post of a screen shot of iStockPhoto.com. I clicked on the image to reveal a brief story that stated the she had been ripped off. I have heard and been warned about this before, but I just thought it was photographers being paranoid and embellishing a little. This is the first instance where I was shown proof, and as my grandmother always said “the proof is in the pudding”.

Here is the proof and I think it is very funny about what she found on iStockPhoto.com


To see more of Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir work Click on the “MiSsInG lInK”
Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir – Website
Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir – Flickr
Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir – Wikipedia



To be continued…

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Ok, besides being an obviously attractive woman, this chick has some serious talent. Self-taught? I can barely take a clear picture of my own feet, let alone some of the stuff she's pulled off. Amazing.

I didn't take time to research her rip off picture links, but was very impressed. Thanks for the post.

Now, how about some more pictures out your window? I wanna see more boats!

:)
Taylor

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.