Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blue Diamond


Blue Diamond, originally uploaded by Kirk Howard.

Fleet Week is over and all the planes have gone. I walked to Pier 41 on Friday. Not the best vantage point to shoot the air show, but it was better then nothing. I took photographs from the Marina Green last year. Pier 41 gave me a different look at the planes.

Sunday was the fun day. I got up early and got to my secret spot by 11:15 AM. At 2:30 PM my secret spot wasn't very secret anymore. This spot puts me right under center stage and in front of the crowds.

The above image was taken on Friday October 10, 2008 at Pier 41. This was media day and practice for the Air show. Blue Angels flights 1 thru 4, however flight 4 has been replaced by flight 7. Blue Angel #7 is the two seater F/A-18. If you look carefully you will notice someone in the RIO position (Radar-Intercept Officer). This seat is usually set aside for media or dignitaries that get the rare privilege to fly with these amazing machines.

I only have one question. When’s my turn?





The Blue Angels from Joe Bloggs on Vimeo.

No comments:

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.