Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blue Stars Bokeh...


Blue Stars, originally uploaded by Kirk Howard.

My fist attempt of using a cut out to create bokeh. I think I only needed one star in the center, not the five or six I used. I will get better as time goes on... Blue Christmas light were the target of this image.

Bokeh is an adaptation from a a Japanese word meaning blur. In photography this term is used to describe the quality of the areas in the picture which are not in focus.

When referring to Bokeh, we can distinguish some of it characteristics:

- Is the light/dark gradient smooth or sharp?

- What shape will a small dot of light take what it is in the Bokeh area? (mirror lenses for example, create a bagel like Bokeh)

We can play with those two variants to create a special Bokeh. Click... here.

No comments:

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.