Thursday, December 13, 2007

Makeshift...

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
Definitions of makeshift on the Web:
something contrived to meet an urgent need or emergency
improvised: done or made using whatever is available; "crossed the river on improvised bridges"; "the survivors used jury-rigged fishing gear"; "the rock served as a makeshift hammer"


This would describe the small studio I set up in my attic. This would be located next to all the broken-down moving boxes and the boxes that still haven’t been unpacked.

The attic is actually a cool little space, small but cool. A 6’0” man would not be able to stand straight up without cracking the scalp. It’s “A” framed shape, open beam with hard planked wood flooring. Did I mention I share the space with field mice? Yes, I do. When it rains they come in from the cold and run up the interiors of the walls to the warm attic. At least it’s warmer then outside. I know that they have come for a visit, because I find little rice shaped black scat on the floor.

The attic has no insulation. I have to dress for winter just to go into the studio. A few entries back I took some pictures of my new MacBook Pro. I shot those in the “Studio”. The studio needs a little more refining but it will eventually work out.


Photo by: Kirk Howard Copyright© 2007

view images from the earlier post "It's Here"

No comments:

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.