Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Crack...

Over the weekend it was my birthday. I spent the Saturday with my wife at the Oakland A’s game. It was a home stand against the Cleveland Indians.

Since it was a day game and the sky was clear and sunny, I thought it would be a great opportunity to take some sports action photos.

Here is one of the first pictures I took on Saturday. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky then good. I am more lucky then good all the time. This was a lucky timing high speed shot. In this shot I wasn’t following the ball from the pitcher, I set and focused on the batter anticipating the swing of the bat.

Designated hitter (D.H.) for Cleveland Travis Hafner. You can see why he is the D.H. as this photo captures him cracking his bat. Really it’s more like splintering it. Notice the top of the bat heading towards third base. These are a little dark after I adjusted them in Lightroom. I will readjust and repost.

No comments:

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.