Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fractalius...

It's another day...

Yes, that’s right I am here to explain the whole Redfield Fractalius Filter plug-in frustration. Ever since I had seen some of these images I had been drawn to them. It’s like HDR (High Dynamic Range) images. I just think they are fantastic if done well.

So all the photographers that have submitted these fractalius picture I have contacted asking what this program was or how did they do that. One photag finally responded that it was a Photoshop plug-in.

Now my search is on for this funky plug-in. He didn’t say who it was made by nor did he say what it was. It was by chance that I saw an image on flickr that I was steered into the right discussion that told me the name “Fractalius”. Better yet they told me who made it and the web site Redfield Plug-ins at Redfieldplugins.com.

The filter plug-in was going to cast me $39.90 for the latest version. I had my credit card out and I was ready to purchase… and then the world was ripped from below my feet. My hopes and dreams all feel apart.

I looked for the MAC versioin download. I couldn’t find it. I saw the Windows user download, but nothing for MAC. So it browsed the FAQ. Right there in black and white was my answer.
______________________________________________________
Have you any plans to release Redfield Plug-ins for Mac OS?

Sorry, we regret that we do not have any plans to port our plug-ins to the Mac OS.
______________________________________________________

What the %#@$... Riken, Raken, Friken, Fraken… Sis boom bah! Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny Rah! Rah! Rah!.

What a shame. Magellan and I over a year ago had been yanked over to the MAC family. We decided to go MAC because we got tired of all the deadly viruses, pop up’s and phising without a permit.

I have on PC with Windows XP on it, but it only has Photoshop CS. I could see spending the $40 clams on the MAC, not on an outdated XP with old CS.

What a bummer. Why can’t everyone just get along in the software world. I just don’t understand.

I have posted an UPDATE/FOLLOW UP to this post you can find it here: Fractalius for Mac Apr. 1 2009

Jump to:
Fractalius Flickr Group

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit:P
I thought you had the solution for this problem.
I tried to make the plugin compatible with mac but I can't get it to work :(

Maybe there is an alternative?

Kirk said...

I feel your pain...

 

THE CLICK... BLOG HAS MOVED!

You will be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
The Pixel Hoarder
and update your bookmarks.